Monday, August 4, 2008

{Amelia's Tamale Pie}


This recipe is definitely going to be added to my "make more than once" pile. The kids all loved it and they all had at least a second helping if not more. Kaidee had 4 servings...lol This is my sister in law Amelia's recipe that she just kind of threw together and it is so easy and so good.

Tamale Pie
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup of corn (I used frozen, but I guess you could also just use a can of corn)
1 small can of sliced olives
1 large can of tomato sauce
1 packet of Lawry's taco seasoning
1 packet of Marie Calendar's corn bread
1. Cook ground beef, seasoning with garlic salt and pepper (drain)
2. Add corn, olives, tomato sauce and taco seasoning (set aside)
3. Follow directions on back of corn bread
4. In a 9x13 pan add the meat mixture and spread out evenly. Next add the cornbread mix and cover meat mixture completely.
5. Cook at 375* for 35 minutes and sprinkle with some cheddar cheese!! (optional)

5 comments:

apee said...

I made this last night, it was really yummy. Thanks

Stephanie said...

Thanks for posting this recipe! My family loved it! My husband (a big-time mexican food lover) even claimed it as one of the best mexican food dishes he's ever had! He's already begging me to make it again!

It was great, thanks for the recipe!

Allison Holmes said...

wow this was really good. I will definitely make this again

Anonymous said...

that looks like some SERIOUS good eatin!

Amy said...

Ooooh...this looks delish as well as ALL your other recipes! ;-) Loving this recipe swap on Joy's Hope!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails