Monday, February 28, 2011

{Nearly Famous Chicken Tortilla Soup}

I found this recipe over at Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website. After reading the comments I knew I had to try it. I made it for my family and they loved it. Darian said it was one of his most favorite soups.


•2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
•1 cup Chopped Onion
•⅔ cups Chopped Cilantro, Divided Use
•1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
•14-½ ounces, weight Can Of Diced Tomatoes
•¾ Tablespoons Ground Cumin
•½ Tablespoons Chili Powder
•¼ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
•2 whole Bay Leaves
•4 cups Chicken Broth
•2 whole Large Carrots, Sliced Thin
•1 whole Chicken Breasts, Sliced Thin
•1-½ cup Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese, Divided Use
•¾ teaspoons Salt
•1 bag Tortilla Chips, 12 Ounce Bag
•1 whole Avocado, diced

Preparation Instructions
In a large stock pot, heat the oil over high. Add onions, 1/3 cup cilantro and garlic, sauté 3 minutes.

Stir in tomatoes and spices, then bring to a boil.

Add the broth, carrots and chicken. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook another 10-12 minutes.

Stir in half the cheese and 1 cup of crushed tortilla chips and combine. Remove bay leaves before serving.

Ladle soup into bowls and top with remaining cheese, fresh cilantro, fresh avocado, and more tortilla chip pieces.

Serves 4+.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

YUM! I'm always looking for a perfect chicken tortilla soup! Maybe we can make it when you're here!

smover said...

Yummy... Thanks For The Good Recipe...
If You Want to get a review for Personal Computer Stuff or Gadget visit my blog http://whatsitsworth.blogspot.com/...

Tish C. Hill said...

Yum - I love PW recipes! And I have a Darian too....but she's a girl! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails