Thursday, May 19, 2011

{sausage and potato casserole}


I was searching The Tasty Kitchen website for something to make for dinner and I came across a recipe that looked good and easy. I modified it a little bit and my family loved it!

1 pound Hillshire Farms Sausage, Or Your Favorite Tube Sausage
1 whole Medium Onion, Sliced
½ whole Bell Pepper, Chopped
6 whole Red New Potatoes, Sliced
1 cup Baby Carrots
1 teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoons Coarse Ground Black Pepper

Slice sausage into 1/4 inch slices. You may want to remove the casings before you slice them. I don’t.
In a large skillet, heat some oil and saute the sliced onions, chopped peppers, and sausage until brown. Then add sliced potatoes, carrots and spices, mixing well. Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish, and bake covered in a 350-degree oven, until vegetables are tender (about 45 to 55 minutes). Remove cover and bake another 5 minutes, or until browned. Serve hot.

Serves 6

Tips: I added oil but next time I won't because the sausage has enough oil in it already.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails